Monday, August 18, 2014

August Inspired by... Challenge



Our Inspired by... challenge is really about finding inspiration from so many different things, and in choosing what we will post as the next challenges inspiration I always consider all different sources. In light of last weeks sad news of Robin Williams passing I knew finding inspiration from him and all that he was and did was the perfect source. This past week has really shone light on how loved and inspiring he was to so many people. I chose a fun photo of him that has a lot of feeling and fun graphics. I also included one of his many inspiring quotes from him.  You can take inspiration from the elements of the photo itself or find inspiration in something he did or said. Our August guest designer Lucia Barbas was beautifully inspired... 



Hey everyone! Here's my page for the "Inspired by... challenge". I love EVERYTHING about it. The fact that we can remember Robin Williams even like this, the photo of him :), the quote, the black and white collage.
I got inspiration from the overall look of the collage - B&W photo and the quote written in big  capital letters. So I've decided to do the same for my page. I stamped one of my favourite quotes of his (I've used clear stamp set from Amy Buttler) on a piece of paper, cut every word out and glued them on my page. I then machine stitched the words and added a photo I took this past spring when we went for a walk in a forest with my brothers - and added some layering. Pretty simple, yet quite inspiring :)

Lusica Barbas for Mei Li Paperie

 So shows us how Robin Williams inspired you! Link your layout here by August 31st and you could win an American Crafts Shimelle prize pack!


Here is how to play along: 
- You can submit ANY kind of project that you were inspired to create such as layouts, cards, project life fillers
- The winner of the prize will be randomly drawn and our 3 favourite layouts be featured on the blog. 
- Our challenge will run until August 31st at 11:55pm Hong Kong time. 
- Link your creation below by entering a link to your blog post or online gallery sharing your work.  Our InLinkz now has the ability to link your project from Instagram! so you can just snap a photo of your project and link while you share it on instagram.. so cool! 
- Please no back-linking.  This is for newly created projects only.  Any back-links will be be disqualified. 
- If you don't have a blog or online gallery, alternatively you can post a photo of your work on our facebook page. Please make sure you include " Mei Li July Inspired by... Challenge" somewhere in the post. 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great challenge, I went with b/w pictures: I don't use them so much but I should use them more, they add a little something to the page!
    Robin Williams was a great actor, this is a great way to remember and celebrate him

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an awesome challenge! I love that quote too, so I used it on my journal page.

    ReplyDelete