Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tutorial ~ A quick & easy mini album...

Mini Album by Lucia Barabas for Mei Li Paperie

Hey everyone! Lucia here again – with my last guest post for Mei Li Paperie, and this time I’m gonna share with you a tutorial about how to make a quick and easy mini album.
This month, I spent few days in Sardinia, Italy. It was a lovely but really short holiday (just 4 days!), so I thought that a little mini about these days would be just right.
BONUS – I’ve finally tried one thing that I was thinking about for about a year!!! And it worked. Read on to find out what it is : )  

Step 1: Gather your supplies – 12x12 patterned papers, white tissue/ vellum paper and a few embellishments, like thickers or journaling tags. You’ll also need a sewing machine,  a crop-a-dile or hole punch and a hair tie or fun elastic: )

Step 2: Cut the 12x12 papers in half and mark the center.





Step 3: Sew over the line that you’ve just drawn to bind the pages together.



Step 4: Now fold the pages – and the base for your minialbum is done! I know, it’s not a big deal but quite handy when you need a quick mini such as a notebook or mini album. The fun part is about to come.



Step 5: Cut the hair tie or elastic like in the picture.



Step 6: We are going to attach the hearband to thelast page. In order to do this, I've made that part of the page stronger by adding a stripe of paper and sewed over it few times.



Step 7: Now punch two holes at the top and bottom of the back page, insert the eyelet and one end of the hairband – like on the picture – and bind together.



Step 8: Do the same with the other hole. It’s important that the hair tie goes in the same direction as i have shown in the picture:


I've always wanted to try this, because I like when my notebooks or agenda closes like this and holds everything together – so even if your pages are rich in embellishment, the hair tie will hold everything together : )

Step 9: To keep it simple (and easy), I've only used white tissue/copy paper and white thread for embellishing or to create layers under the photos. There are also some tags from Websters Pages Ocean Melody’s Paper (Storyteller Card Sheet II) and gold glitter alphas from AC on the front page. And finally – I’ve used a pocket with a card from Fancy Pants – Library Cards to write a simple journaling.



And here’s my finished mini album.

Have fun creating!

Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment